Monday, February 1, 2010

Frank Gehry Nursery

I was in the Lewis Library on the Princeton campus, which is a Frank-Gehry designed building with a lot of bright colors and odd curves. I was in the library and noticed a section that appeared to be a nursery. Gehry had designed the furniture within the library. So in this case, the nursery furniture was all one piece like one large Gehry-designed jungle gym - with a built-in changing table, drawers, cubbyholes, a hammock-like hanging cradle, all in bright primary colors. I was looking at this nursery set when I noticed a baby just left there alone in the crib! Almost as if the baby was there for display purposes. So I picked her up, and started to try to figure out who, if anyone, was there to take care of her...

No comments:

Post a Comment