Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cars washed away

I was in a parking lot on Elkton Road in my hometown. I had my old Cadillac which I drove in high school, only I was locked out. I saw a car full of young guys, and I flagged them down. Apparently they had the key to my car, only they needed the same key to be able to drive their car. So we agreed to drive together to get the key copied and thus both be able to drive our cars.

However, as we were having this discussion in the parking lot, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that my car was more than halfway filled up with water. When I turned to look, I saw their car floating away on a high tide of water. We started running down Elkton Road in the opposite direction of the flooding. We reached a post office full of other people seeking refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment