Thursday, April 8, 2010

Rain Indoors

I was in Africa staying in a big Victorian townhouse. I was sleeping on the top floor, and there was torrential rain outside, and suddenly the rain was inside the house. The roof apparently was not holding out the water, and it was pouring inside. The heavy raindrops on my face woke me up. There were other people sleeping in sleeping bags with me on the top floor, so we retreated down to a lower level where it was still dry.

I wondered why the owners of the house - who were an older British couple - had not fixed the roof, but I figured it was a huge house for just 2 people, and they probably never had to deal with things on the top floor if they didn't need to.

The next day, the sun was shining, and the temperature was astronomically high, and so the wet top floor was like a sauna, the sun baking away all the moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment