Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lady Gaga and mistaken pregnancy

Redneckhunter and I were at a Lady Gaga concert. It was a seated concert in a grand old theater. There were lots of dancers and she seemed to be performing David Copperfield-style spectacle magic while singing and dancing - lots of smoke and mirrors type stuff. In one number she appeared to grow taller and taller with larger and larger boxes appearing to grow out of her legs - it was very Alice in Wonderland.

Then I was in NYC at a shop and saw a woman who redneckhunter coaches in rowing. It took me a while to place her. I also ran into a woman from work, and I thought how strange that they'd all be shopping at the same store in New York.

The rower said hi to me while I was looking at some stretchy camisoles. As I examined the camisoles, I saw that the tags had labels like "For 4-6 months" or "6-9 months" and it took me a while to realize that they were maternity clothes and the recommendations were for when to wear them in your pregnancy. I thought, oh no, now she will go back to the team and tell them all that we are expecting! She seemed to be shopping for a dress to wear to her wedding (though to the best of my knowledge she is not engaged in real life...)

No comments:

Post a Comment