Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pete Townshend

The Who was playing at a small bar, and I was right up front by the stage, which was about 6 feet tall even though the place was tiny. Because the stage was so tall, I could really only see Pete Townshend who was right in front of me, but I was by myself, rocking out, having fun. Then I realized that Pete Townshend had come down and was taking me backstage up the stairs and onto the stage. I thought to myself, you know, he doesn't look that old up close and in person. There were a few other girls up there, but they were all wearing matching shorts and t-shirts (like cheerleaders or Hooters girls). Then they had us moving a row of schoolroom desks and chairs around, but something about it was really silly to me, so I kept laughing at it all.

The next morning, I woke up in a big empty house. The girls were still there, as was Pete Townshend. He asked me if I needed to go home, but I didn't, so he asked if I wanted to stay and play a game with them which was going to be played in something like a squash court, but they had to set it up. I was wearing a shirt but no pants, just my underwear, so I was a little self-conscious and started wandering around looking for my clothes. I found a bag that looked like my cousin 1000yregg's clothes - he is 6' 3" and I'm 5' but I figured he wouldn't mind.

There was also an open bible next to the pile of clothes, so I picked it up and read a passage that was something like "And you will know that I am the lord, Hallelujah, Hallelujah" and just as I read it, a dreadlocked Rastafarian guy walked in, followed by a young Rasta girl. My first thought was "Whoa, Bob Marley really was a prophet." I was a little taken aback, but then I just laughed, and I told them what I had just read when they walked in. The girl smiled and was a bit vague, like oh that's happened to her before. At any rate, she was nice, and she made me some Tang orange drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment