Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cooking for actors

I was part of a summer stock theater production out in the country, though I couldn't figure out exactly what my role was, why I was there, since I don't act or direct, or do lighting or sound or stage sets or anything. It reminded me of an internship I had at a summer arts festival in New York State where I first realized that I really hated actors as people to hang out with. Anyway, then it occurred to me - or I kind of decided - that I was the cook.

So I set up a buffet meal - both meat and vegetarian options. One actress started asking me about whether the vegetarian entrees were truly vegetarian, were the beans cooked in chicken stock, etc. So I was kind of a bitch to her about it. I preferred dealing with the crew over the actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment