Thursday, November 11, 2010

Where are all the grown-ups?

Redneckhunter and I had a bunch of friends over for dinner - including J, K, and D - and a bunch of people we didn't know. These new people offered to pay us back for the food, but we were like, oh no, it was just like leftovers (even though it wasn't).

Then we all head out to go to a nightclub. We sat outside the club which was an imposing Greek-temple-like building (like how all the night clubs were in China in the 1990s). A very big (tall and broad-shouldered) girl came up and was looking for D.

After a while I noticed that none of our friends were outside anymore. There were loads of teenage girls waiting outside the club, hoping to get the bouncer to let them in. So I said, I feel like a 12-year-old sitting out here, let's go inside. So Redneckhunter and I went inside, but every one we saw inside was also a teenager. There was a stage with the curtain drawn, so I said, oh the adults must all be back there.

Then the curtain opened, and on the stage, arranging ourselves in perfect rows for our class picture was my second grade class. We were wearing the outfits I remember from the actual class picture (recently revived on my friend's Facebook page). And my second-grade self was up there too, all happy and excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment